The system includes 4 scaling tips that are autoclavable:
iM3 P6 Piezo Ultrasonic Scaler
The newly designed Piezo P6 dental scaler is compact in size and high in quality.
The P6 Piezo is designed and manufactured to meet the most demanding scaling environment.
The system is portable and lightweight weighing only 1.6kg; it comes with a built in power
setting dial (1-20) that allow users to set power output at their desired level of operation.
The P6 Piezo’s handpiece and tips are autoclavable and Satelec® compatible.
- Power Supply: Available in either 115 Volts or 230 Volts – Working Freq.: 30,000 Hz (cycles) individual stand alone unit.
- System includes 4 tips and 1 tip wrench.
- Connects directly to the water system of any iM3 air driven dental machine.
- Pump up water tank with fittings available for stand alone use.
- Dimensions: 7.68”(L) x 3.38”(W) x 3.27” (H) – Weight: 1.6kg.
Piezo ultrasonic scalers have more power and generate less heat than cavitron style scalers. The tip action is linear and the movement of the tip is used to remove plaque and calculus by physically scraping the tooth’s surface. The tip should never be used on its point as it will work like a jackhammer (wood pecker) and create a hole in the tooth. The main disadvantage of the Piezo is still the heat generated, enamel damage and the limitations of scaling 1-2mm safely subgingivally.